Hey, how about some sample characters for Invulnerable? How about C.H.I.M.E.R.A.’s top agent, the suave and vicious Grackle?
Grackle, Prodigy Ally
A family of police; an older brother lost in the line of duty. A grieving family, and a younger son, forever ignored. Gary Searles grew up bitter and suspicious, because he knew that everyone was better, and no one’s love was deep or unconditional. After exemplary Army Intelligence service (punctuated by frequent binges of drunken debauchery that never interfered with his duties), Gary was invited to join C.H.I.M.E.R.A., where he rocketed to the top of the ranks. He was once a good agent, but when his wife left him, he sank once again into depression and drunkenness. But despite his callousness and viciousness, he’s still Director Flynn’s right-hand man because of his incredible skills.
Awesomeness Level: 4.
Origins: Prodigy 3, Gadget-Monger 1.
Motivations: Thrills, Truth.
- AGI: 6
- STR: 5 (HTH 3d6+1)
- TGH: 6
- INS: 7
- PER: 6
- WIL: 5
- INIT: 19
Roll: 2; Foot; HLT: 32; IPRO: 3; DPRO: 1.
Roll: 3 to 4; Leg; HLT: 52; IPRO: 3; DPRO: 1.
Roll: 5 to 8; Torso; HLT: 76; IPRO: 21; DPRO: 4.
Roll: 9; Head; HLT: 32; IPRO: 3; DPRO: 1.
Roll: 10 to 11; Arm; HLT: 44; IPRO: 3; DPRO: 1.
Roll: 12; Hand; HLT: 32; IPRO: 3; DPRO: 1.
- DET: 18
- CDEF: 24
- RDEF: 24
- MDEF: 10
- Athletics: 2, Close Combat: 5, Dodge: 2, Driving: —, Education: —, Endurance: —, Intimidation: —, Metahuman Lore: —, More Money Than God: 1, Notice: 4, Persuasion: 4, Piloting: 3, Ranged Combat: 5, Self-Control: —, Sneak: 5, Trickery: 5, Tech: 1.
- Break & Enter: 4.
- Carousing: 4.
- Combat Driving: 4.
- Courageous: 5.
- Expert: 5 (Language [French, Mandarin, Spanish], Streetwise, Survival [Arctic, Desert]).
- Hacking: 5.
- Investigation: 5.
- Leadership: 1.
- Low Profile: 5.
- Sexy Beast: 5.
- Team Training: 1 (C.H.I.M.E.R.A.).
- Tough As Nails: 5.
- Addiction [Alcohol]: 3.
- Attachment [Dr. Angela Marinucci]: 3.
- Cynical: 3.
- Despairing: 3.
- Lecherous: 1.
- Hyper-Agility: Level 2 (Motion Blur, Super-Deflection).
- Hyper-Strength: Level 1 (Powerhouse).
- Hyper-Toughness: Level 2 (Resistance [Temperature Extremes], Unstoppable).
- Inventions: Level 4 (Discoveries, Gadgets).
Gear (Equipment): Lock Picks, Smart Phone, Utility Knife.
- Semi-Automatic Pistol. (DMG 5d6G, Range 8 yd, Accuracy -1, Total Attack Roll +3d6+10).
- Bulletproof Vest.
- Sex: Male.
- Preference: Bisexual.
- Height: 5′ 9.”
- Weight: 145 lbs.
- Eye Color: Blue.
- Hair Color: Black.
- Hair Style: Long and slicked back, with a small goatee and stubble.
Skin Tone: Tan.
- Costume/Clothes: Most of the time, sports coats, un-tucked button-up shirts, and slacks, like a gambler or a vacationing businessman. On combat assignments, typically wears regulation C.H.I.M.E.R.A. black jumpsuit.
- Personality:Grackle typically acts bored, cynical, and faintly amused. Grackle is cold and merciless to his enemies, and really doesn’t care about his agency’s vaunted ideals of world peace.
- Goals: Grackle, the great boozer and womanizer, still loves his ex-wife, the beautiful scientist Dr. Angela Marinucci. The two were only briefly married, but divorced in just a few months, but she never leaves Gary’s mind for long. The fact that she’s now working for the Wellspring, a villain group, is a constant torment to him, but he hopes to win her back one day, somehow.
- Obstacles: Grackle’s lack of enthusiasm for C.H.I.M.E.R.A.’s noble mission means that he often finds sub-optimal solutions to tense issues. He’d much rather just shoot someone that negotiate a peaceful solution, but because agents of C.H.I.M.E.R.A. are expected to operate on their own, with little oversight, his lazy violence hasn’t been found out … yet.
- Central Contradiction: To Grackle, life has no meaning except for the momentary thrills of the superspy life, and the feeling of superiority that comes from really knowing what’s going on. He doesn’t care about anyone or anything, not even Rattlesnake, but he’s utterly dependable, because of how he was raised, and out of whimsical habit. He’s one of the greatest superspies in the world, and yet despite his amazing life as an international jet-setter and world-saver, he just doesn’t give a shit.
- Story Use/Notes: Grackle is an anti-hero, in most senses of the word. He’s built as a viable PC for an Iron or Modern Age Campaign, and as a member of C.H.I.M.E.R.A., is great for handing missions out to PC hero teams, and letting them handle them in their own way. Because of his smug and callous actions, he’s also not a bad villain for more upstanding hero teams